Strawberries and Chocolate are the perfect combination. You can use strawberry chocolate recipes with mousse, tarts, fudge, cake and many more.
2 cups fresh strawberries
3 tablespoons orange liqueur
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Wash, stem and halve strawberries. In a bowl, toss strawberries and liqueur; cover and refrigerate.
- The liqueur can be replaced with orange juice.
- To make chocolate mousse: In a small saucepan, mix water with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Place chocolate chips in blender and add hot sugar mixture. Blend until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- In medium bowl, whip 1 cup of the cream. With rubber spatula, fold chocolate into cream to blend thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until firm, for one day.
- Just before serving, whip the remaining cup cream to form soft peaks. Beat in 1 tablespoon sugar and the vanilla.
- In four dessert bowls, layer mousse, whipped cream and strawberries, dividing equally.